The Patients Voices ™ Patient Journey MS’s goals are to provide insights on the journey of patients with relapsing forms of MS, overall and between those on orals versus injectables. The analysis is based on a mix of qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys and analysis of patient social media to create a nuanced understanding of patients’ experiences, as well as brand attitudes and unmet needs.
- 6 in-depth phone interviews of patients with relapsing forms of MS to inform the quantitative survey
- 30-minute self-administered on-line quantitative survey with 136 patients with relapsing forms of MS. Fieldwork conducted between August 26 and September 6, 2013.
- Patients under the care of a neurologist and currently on a disease modifying drug (DMD): Injectables: 68% (Copaxone: 27%, Avonex: 18%, Rebif: 15%, Betaseron/Extavia: 7%); Orals: 25% (Tecfidera: 13%, Gylenia: 7%, Aubagio: 5%); Tysabri: 7%
- Social media analysis of peer conversations (from April 2013-September 2013)
- Emotional Attachment to DMD and Qualitative DMD Portraits
- Patient Journey: Patient attitudes towards MS and emotional support; emotional journey (feelings when 1st diagnosis, when current DMD initiated; when bad day; when good day)
- Patient Flow: Most common symptoms at diagnosis; average time from symptoms to diagnosis and to 1st DMD initiation; time on current DMD; current and previous DMDs
- Impact of MS: Current MS status and perception of disease vs a year ago; most problematic symptoms and overall impact of MS (physical, work/finance, psychological/emotional, family dynamics, social/leisure)
- Treatment Decision, Expectations and Satisfaction: Reasons for switching to current DMD; DMD decision drivers; most liked and disliked characteristics; expectations and performance; satisfactions versus current DMD and support services